Friday, November 21, 2014

Cocoon in Pastel Pink

Oversized cocoon coat is white hot this season. You just can't avoid it in fashion blogs or mainstream stores. This simple boyfriend cut gives you a polished yet laid back look that makes winter layering piece of cake.

Being petite, I don't want to indulge on a cocoon coat as I look way better in a more slim cut silhouette. So I searched up and down to find a bargain piece, until I saw this Express cocoon coat in pastel pink. This coat is so light that I don't think I can survive the brutal Northeast winter in it. But this light texture and soft color do make it a refreshing alternative to my dark sober winter wardrobe on those relatively warm days. When I walked into the subway station at rush hour, this coat stood out so beautifully among the famous New York black.

In summary, it's not the warmest wool coat you'd expect, but it feels soft to the touch and on the body. It feels more like a trench coat in terms of warmth. If you live in an area with mild winter, you may find more mileage in it.


Sweater: JCrew (also seen in this post)
Pants: Club Monaco
Boots: Cole Haan
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength

6 comments:

  1. the pink looks cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you carrying? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hand cream from L'Occitane. Time to shop for Xmas stocking stuffer. :)

      Delete
  3. 苏大美呢?等更新,好着急。。。

    ReplyDelete