Monday, November 10, 2014

Last Day of Sephora's VIB Event

Just a reminder that today is the last day of Sephora's VIB event that offers 20% off store wide.

This year's VIB event turned out to be pretty nasty. Sephora's server crashed for a long time on the first day, some VIBs' accounts got blocked out, some products were removed from the invoice by Sephora, some products got sold out within hours online, and if you had the guts to buy in store, you would be waiting in the checkout line much longer than you'd like to.

Despite all these, I managed to restock some of my favorite items as well as try a couple of new items during the event. And here is my list:

NARS lipsticks. Well, I confess that I've been hooked by those lipsticks for years. They are not the most moisturizing lipsticks, to be honest. But I like how weightless it feels on my lips. For everyday use, I like Love Devotion (not available on Sephora) and Niagara. Both have just a tad peach/coral/pink on top of the nude base. Dolce Vita is the most popular nude color of NARS, but I look a little washed out in pure nude. Love Devotion and Niagara brightens up my complexion without appearing artificial. For winter/fall everyday use, however, I stick to Autumn Leaves. In most of my pictures, I wear this warm brandy color that look both natural and polished. Of course, I have a bunch of dressier colors from NARS too for other occasions... This time I got Jungle Red, the most popular red lipstick in NARS family that is considered true red with no orange or blue undertone. It looks younger and brighter than Red Lizard and Future Red (last year's limited edition). Finally I got NARS Hardwired Lipstick in Femme Fleur to test out this golden/brandy new color.

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine lipsticks. YSL lipsticks are quite popular on some Chinese makeup forums. They are moisturizing, but feels heavy on my lips. So I usually do not get them. This time I decided to try the orange coral shade of #14 Corail in Touch. Let's see how it goes.

Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Parfum. If you are looking for a refreshing jasmine perfume, look no further. This is THE perfume that you need to stock up. Sexy, mysterious, sultry yet clean, this feminine scent will win you tons of compliments from young and old. Give it a try.

Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizing Cream. This is what I bring to the gym on warmer days when my typical La Mer seems a little heavy on my warm post-workout skin. It's a little lighter than La Mer. It's sold out online, but I was able to find it in store.

Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion SPF 38 PA++. My favorite sun lotion. Enough said.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. I like how gentle it feels on my skin. I've been using it for years.

bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Light. I have oily skin and do not usually use foundation. On rare occasions that I do, I use this powder foundation that is light, transparent and oil-absorbent. It feels weightless, but has the ability to build up.

OK. That's my shopping list. What did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment