Friday, June 20, 2014

Safari Breeze

I see Madewell as one of those under presented brands in Chinese community. Its casual chic style is effortless and relaxed. Besides those wardrobe basics, I like Madewell silk dresses. They may not catch your eyes on the hanger or on the website (Madewell online pictures do no justice to these pieces), but they look nice when you put them on. The silk material is usually of high quality for its price. And, just like JCrew, this brand goes on sale from time to time. You may not get huge discount as good items do not stay long on the shelf, but I find discounted prices are usually quite reasonable.

This is one of the silk dresses I got from Madewell last summer. I was very much attracted to its cool safari sketch print and breezy silk chiffon material. I've got lots of compliments every time I wear it. I even wear it in office with a white blazer or cardigan. It's one of the most comfortable summer dresses in my closet.

BTW Madewell has a two day sale now - 25% off on selected summer items with code HIGHFIVE.

Click for large pictures.

Silk dress: Madewell
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength
Necklace: Wide Link Choker from Anthropologie (layered in this outfit)
Belt: Club Monaco
Sandals: Marc Jacobs

4 comments:

  1. 搭配不错,这个necklace其实挺sexy的,就是感觉戴一天会有点累!LOL!
    话说上班穿这个会不会有点太清凉了?需要套件外套什么的吗?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 那是,办公室里要加件上衣的。我在办公室长期放一白一黑两件西装。:)

      Delete
  2. 这件好看!这个牌子我还头一次听说呢,查了下好多连锁店,长周末也去转转 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 他家质量不错的,估计长周末还有折扣

      Delete