Friday, October 17, 2014

Feeling Chanel?


There is nothing as ladylike as a classic tweed piece. After borrowing a tweed sportswear from a male friend, a Duke to be exact, Chanel was enchanted by this comfortable and supple fabric that was exclusively used in menswear at that time. In 1924 she enlisted a Scottish fabric factory to produce her iconic tweed fabrics for everything from sportswear to suits and coats.

Nowadays quite a few mass production brands offer decent tweed pieces, but the texture and weight are still the key elements some brands have not mastered. It seems to me that JCrew tweed has done a good job in its price range, with its soft texture, right amount of weight and clean cut. This blue jacket is one of the JCrew tweed jackets I've collected in the past a couple of years. I feel so Parisian whenever I throw it on, either over a skirt/dress or a pair of jeans. This season, JCrew has a similar tweed jacket in stripes that fits just like this one. Check it out!


Tweed jacket: JCrew (similar)
Dress: Theory
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength
Pumps: Stuart Weitzman

4 comments:

  1. 这套好漂亮。好多亮点。jacket质地和颜色都好看,不知道是不是名牌的原因,觉得你穿这个比我以前见到的类似的都好看。鞋子貌似平平,仔细看颜色非常美。综合起来既端庄大方又不失性感妩媚,太美了!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I like this jacket a lot, too. I didn't spend too much on it though. I paid half price, and I knew it dropped to $70+ eventually. Keep an eye on JCrew sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 这套真心不错,我喜欢!

    ReplyDelete