Thursday, October 2, 2014

White Collar

The more fashion blogs I read, the more convinced I am that fashion does not belong to us white collars. To be fashionable, you have to either dress up as if you were walking down the red carpet or dress down as if you had just stepped out of a homeless shelter. Office is where you find the mediocre: neat hair, light makeup, minimum accessories, and above all, suit, suit, suit! How could this be inspiring? Being professional equates to being lackluster.

All right. I've accepted it long time ago that a proper office outfit is the one that does not outshine your brain. But that doesn't mean that others can't even tell whether you've changed into a new outfit or not. We may not have many options on the silhouette, but still have more or less room playing with colors, patterns and details.

That is why I got this Karl Lagerfeld stretchy blazer. The white stripes on the shoulders and collar add a New England preppy touch to the outfit, and the stretchy material creates a slim polished silhouette. If paired with its matching pants (shown in this outfit), it looks even more sporty and energetic. Here I styled it with a stretchy pencil skirt for a more office appropriate look.


Jacket: Karl Lagerfeld April stretch cotton-blend blazer (review here)
Tee: Abercrombie & Fitch
Skirt: Privee (also seen in this outfit)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength
Purse: Louis Vuitton Damier Hampstead PM

9 comments:

  1. Cool girl! Just tell me - are you the most fashionably dressed in your department?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I've given up on my ambition of being fashionable long time ago. But I'm still working on being stylish. :)

      Delete
  2. mm果然有眼光,这么便宜的jacket也穿得这么出彩:)
    oh, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a nice buy when it went on sale!

      Delete
    2. 好像乌龙了,看错价格了。。不好意思啊!
      幸好匿名,否则得考虑挖个坑藏进去了。
      不过见过mm穿过一些便宜的衣服,至少照片上看都很好看的!

      Delete
    3. Not at all! I got it at 70% off! I thought that was what you referred to... haha! You are right. Price is not everything. My purchase falls in a very wide range of prices, from two digits to four. :)

      Delete
    4. I tend to spend more on work cloths and less on casual pieces. My weekend cloths usually costs less than $200, sometimes under $100. :)

      Delete
    5. 严重同意啊。workday 5天一周,weekend只有2天。然后weekend一般就LD看看,看多了就那么回事了啊:D
      喜欢看mm的博克,有内容,搭配多样化,文字也有趣。
      祝mm周末愉快!

      Delete