Monday, October 27, 2014

Roadrunner's Gear in Spring/Fall

Spring and fall are the two best seasons in the Northeast for running. Crisp air, cool breeze and golden sunlight easily boost up your energy and keep you going, as long as you've got the right gear to keep you warm at the start and wick away the sweat on the road.

My favorite fall/winter running tee comes from Under Armour. I have this Coldgear tee in multiple colors. Its super stretchy material feels silky and soft to the touch, and keeps me dry and warm from start to finish. Compared to the popular chic Lululemon tees, this one feels more substantial and seems more durable with absolutely no see-through. Honestly I just couldn't convince myself to buy those flimsy Lulu long sleeved tees even at sales price.

CW-X compression tights keep me warm and dry, when the temperature falls between 30F and 50F. Those rights are designed to help stabilize muscles and joins, and some people claim that they also shorten recovery cycles. I've never got muscle sore from running (well, I'm slow on the road...), so I can't comment on the second part. But those tights are really tight, and they do keep your muscles in the right place. CW-X have different types of compression tights. I've got Stabilyx, Pro, PerformX and Expert. I personally cannot tell the difference among all these tights. They all feel tight and comfortable. If you pressed me for recommendations, my answer would be: "Go with the least expensive pair in the market unless you are a professional runner or have serious joint problems."

Finally I love my Lululemon Forme II jacket! It is stretchy and body hugging. I've never worn it running, but always throw it on on my way to the gym prior to my long run (I usually drop my gym bag in the locker room, go out for a long run, and stretch & shower in the gym).


Tee: Under Armour Coldgear Infrared Crew in Magenta Shock
Jacket: Lululemon Forme II Jacket (current season, similar)
Tights: CW-X Stabilyx Compression Tights (here, also like Pro, PerformX, Expert)
Running shoes: Nike
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength
Tote: Coach

3 comments:

  1. Super cool! mm 在准备比赛吗?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No race this winter. I'm just a recreational runner. :)

      Delete
  2. Very sweet in those CW-X tights!

    ReplyDelete