Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Foodie Chat (4): L'Artusi

Want to find a place in Big Apple that delivers al dente pasta? Come to L'Artusi. I went to a business dinner with a big group a couple of days ago, and everyone went home happily stuffed. :)

Photo credit: Time Out

We started with three appetizers. Hamachi Ceviche was served in small portion but definitely tasty with the right amount of acidity and fruitiness. Market Salad was so fresh and flavorful. Despite my original plan of having one bite on each dish, I reached for the second serving. Not really impressed with Sweetbreads a la Plancha.

All three pastas were delightful, all cooked to al dente. Orencchiette with Sausage Salumi and Pecorino, and Garanelli with Mushrrom Ragu and Ricotta Salata were chewy and flavorful. Ravioli with Butternut Squash, Sage, Brown Butter and Parmesan was a vegetarian pasta a bit too sweet and starchy to my taste. But I could see my vegetarian friends liked it a lot.

For the entree, we ordered Arctic Char and Roasted Chicken. Oh, this arctic char! I wish I had bigger stomach for it! It was so tender and juicy that I immediately regretted that hadn't resisted the temptation of appetizers and pasta. It looked like light pink salmon at the first glace, but tasted more juicy and tender. I couldn't say no to fatty fish like this! Roasted Chicken was also good according to my friends, but I really didn't remember after all the fine wine and laughter.

If you go to L'Artusi one day, don't forget to order Brussels Sprouts as the side dish. Mark my word!

I was too full for dessert. So I only took a bite on the Fruit Salad. Fresh and juicy. Too full to make any meaningful judgement, sorry!

We booked the private room on the second floor, and the waiter was very attentive and professional. The only complaint was that they ran out of our first two choices of red wine and the one recommended by the waiter was not to our standard. Fortunately we had a large group and they offered a deep wine list. We finally found a good bottle on the third try. :)

I will come back, for sure...

Address: 228 W 10th St., New York, NY
Telephone: 212 255 5757

5 comments:

  1. 我印象中mm不怎么吃主食的啊,是不是跑步的原因,主食多吃了点,已经写过两次pasta了:->
    其实我也挺爱吃有些意面,可是出去几乎从来不敢点,一般分量大,一下就吃多了:-<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 米面我的确很少吃。这次是private event,菜是先定好的,大家share,所以每样都吃了点点。好吃的pasta我也爱吃的,在意大利天天吃都不腻,但是美国的pasta很少有好吃的,煮得太烂熟了。

      Delete
  2. It is pretty amazing that you remember all these difficult dish name!
    What about the price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a private event. So everyone got a printed menu which I took home. :) I didn't pay... Haha! Click on the restaurant name, and you will get directed to its official website. It's not a crazy expensive place. The Arctic Char costs $28 on the menu.

      Delete
    2. Here is its dinner menu:
      http://www.lartusi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/LArtusi-MENU-3.20.pdf

      Delete