Friday, April 25, 2014

My First Purchase from ASOS

As many of you already know, ASOS is an online store that offers quick fashion at reasonable price. I decided to try some midi to tea length skirts from ASOS thanks to its friendly shipping and return policy. And here is my review on some pieces in my first ever ASOS package... Not exactly what I want, but seems OK.

Many of their so-called midi skirts are just 1-2 inches below the knees, a little shorter than I expected. Look at this ASOS Midi Skirt in Tweed Check with Pockets (see left): it sits low on the waist and just hit below the knees. If I pull the waist line up and make it high waist, it will look even shorter. This is a little disappointing in that midi skirts tend to make people look short, unless they are long enough and sit high on the waist, which will visually lengthen the legs and create a better proportion. But its material beats my expectation. So I've decided to keep it. I may do some alteration and make it work. Stay tuned!

This ASOS Midi Skirt in Ponte with Pocket Detail in fuchsia (see right) has a high waist (a plus!), but again hits just below the knees. If only it were two inches longer! Anyway, I like its color and fabric. So this is also a keeper.

I ordered ASOS Full Midi Skirt in three colors. Well, full+midi, sounds so in for this season, doesn't it? But the result is not that encouraging. This chartreuse color looks more greenish yellow than the color displayed on my monitor. Think about the color of a butterfly... no, I mean a worm, before it morphs into a butterfly... or the color of green cabbage heart that is wrapped tightly and has never seen sunlight... You've got the idea. Really hard to pull off. This fuchsia pink color is also off. These two are going back. The only one I'm going to keep is this pastel pink full midi skirt. Pastel pink or baby pink, whatever you call it, is just a bit pink-er than blush or nude. It goes well with the light flowy fabric.

I also ordered two mesh skirts, one maxi and one midi, both in nude color. Sheer is another theme of the season. The maxi dress is a little long on my petite frame, but I like its airiness, and I have some clever way to make it work. The midi one is again just one inch short of my expectation. So maxi stays and midi will go back.

This ASOS Midi Skirt in Sheer Burnout is a bummer. The material is stiff and does not flow with the body. Absolutely terrified.

Oh, did my eyes fool me? This ASOS Pleated Midi Skirt is already sold out? Well, the material is OK and the blue color is OK (green is blindingly bright, FYI), but the pleats are so wide that it looks cheaply made. The Club Monaco pleat skirt is 100 times better than this.

Overall, I have to say that you get what you pay for. ASOS has good price, and friendly shipping/return policy, definitely worth a visit once in a while for some quick fashion stuff.

Left
Black cashmere Henley: Rugby
Tweed skirt:  ASOS Midi Skirt in Tweed Check with Pockets
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength in black
Scarf: Yarnz Zebra Print Scarf from Bloomingdale's
Belt: Alexander McQueen
Boots: Prada

Right
Floral print tee: Anthropologie
Midi skirt: ASOS Midi Skirt in Ponte with Pocket Detail
Sunglasses: Miu Miu Cat Eye
Belt: JCrew
Silver pumps: JCrew Everly Cracked Metallic Leather Pumps in metallic silver

6 comments:

  1. 其实衣服挺普通的,要穿我身上就大妈了。可是配上紫苏青春健康时尚的气息,一下子就出彩了。她家网上应该用你的图片,肯定大卖:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢!这真是谬赞了。我其实喜欢买样式相对简单的衣服,然后东搭西配,搞搞花样而已。:)

      Delete