Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Super Duper Funkiness

Last weekend I went across the river and spent a beautiful spring afternoon in Hoboken riverside overseeing Manhattan skyline. Sipping a glass of wine, I couldn't help wondering why I and so many others were blinded by the hustle and bustle in that tiny island and forgot how beautiful it looked from the other side of the river. With decent presence of bars and restaurants, Hoboken waterfront is a wonderful weekend retreat.

That said, make sure that you walk in flats. Built on reclaimed land, Hoboken water front is a piece of land that wrinkles here and there. As you see from the picture, the pavement is uneven and needs to be ironed and steamed extensively. Since I didn't have a powerful iron to fix it, I felt lucky that I was wearing a pair of JCrew Viv mirror metallic bow flats. It seemed that JCrew shoes tend to fit narrow. So I sized up 1/2 for this pair.

For such a relaxing afternoon, I put on my Karen Walker Super Duper Strength sunglasses. Unlike the Miu Miu Cat Eye I wore last weekend that exudes city attitude and outright confidence, this pair is retro and funky. The oversized round frame resembles cute bug eyes, and brings out the artistic cuteness in a woman. Whenever I put it on and look into the mirror, I just can't help laughing at myself. It makes my face small, almost ridiculous. Cat eye or bug eye? That's the question for this summer.

Just noticed: Shopbop is having Friends and Family Sale!  25% off site-wide sales, 4/15 – 4/17, code: INTHEFAMILY14. Snatch Super Duper Strength before it's gone! I've also tried the Karen Walker Number One (here and here). That's a cool shade too!

Other items in the outfit: a tribal tee from Anthropologie (on sale now!), waxed pants from Club Monaco (another outfit with it), a green cutie from Rebecca Minkoff (as you seen yesterday).

Woven print T-shirt: Ellery Top by Sunday in Brooklyn from Anthropologie
Waxed pants: Club Monaco Carolina Skinny Waxed Pant
Silver flats: JCrew Viv mirror metallic bow flats (similar)
Crossbody bag: Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC (also like it in orange, red, peach, pale pink and twilight sky)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength in Black (also like it in Crazy Tort)
Lipstick: NARS lipstick in Manhunt

7 comments:

  1. 喜欢鞋子。都说美女鞋子要多,看来是真的!
    另外,上衣的pattern很好看,你的Anthropologie的衣服都很漂亮!减肥成功后也去逛逛,嘻嘻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢mm!我还挺喜欢她家的东西的,常常能找到不常见的款式或花纹。日常穿着,只想增加点趣味的话,我喜欢拿她家的单品搭配最简单的基本款,这样就不会显得用力过猛,或者像落魄的艺术家。。。:)

      Delete
  2. Love the pattern of your top too! I was hoping to find a sweater dress of that pattern someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sweater dress with tribal prints sounds really exotic and chic!

      Delete
  3. 绿包包带子有点长,配这身非常棒,很娇俏。配前面一张的裙子不太显腰身。学习了。以后用及腰下的包包得配短上衣。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 你说得有道理!我回头想想还真是这样

      Delete
  4. 呵呵,我当你是镜子,所以每天拜访照照自己,学习穿衣如何搭配,如何扬长避短。

    ReplyDelete