Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Gem Over the Shoulder

I'm absolutely in love with this Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini tote. Yes, it may appear a Celine-wannabe, but its textured saffiano leather and magnificent hot red color simply make it hard to pass. Being dressed up or down, it is indeed a little gem swung over the shoulder. Don't get fooled by its petite size at the first glance. It easily holds all my everyday essentials: compact wallet (this size), key wallet, cell phone, compact camera, sunglasses, lipstick and compact mirror. It's a lot more functional than the cool-looking RM Craig camera bag and many other more expensive cute mini bags, including the white-hot Chanel Le Boy medium.

MAB totes, mini or medium, are spotted quite often nowadays in NYC. Loyal RM fans may miss those signature slouchy bags in buttery soft leather, but MAB tote, Hudson Moto, Amorous satchel and other recent saffiano leather bags have signaled RM's march into the more structured styles that dominate the handbag trend these years. For me, a nice bag is a nice bag; branding is secondary. I own several RM classics (MAB, MAM, MAC, MAC mini), but it doesn't prevent me from embracing the new structured styles.

The dress is from Ralph Lauren's discontinued line Rugby. It left me with a void that I seem unable to fill. If you know any other brands that make you feel so British preppy, please let me know!


Dress: Rugby
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength
Purse: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote Mini in hot red
Sandals:  Birkenstock Curacao by Birki in black stretch cork

4 comments:

  1. Love the bag! I haven't bag shopped for a long time, but I am actually thinking about getting this one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got my vote! :)
      Now the trend is more on the side of mini-sized structured bags. MAB tote mini fits right in. For small bags, I'd like to play with bright colors, which would be too over-the-board for big bags. I originally wanted a tote mini in minty color, but it got sold out before I could grab one. So I ended up with this hot red. I have no regrets. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Was wondering what is the exact name of the colour? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete