Monday, July 7, 2014

Birkenstock Curacao By Birki

Did I swear that I will never buy Birkenstock? Yes, I did. Back in February when I was tortured by plantar fasciitis, I wrote: "If I were given two options, walking happily in a pair of bulky Birkenstock or sitting in a wheelchair in a pair of Blahnik, I would jump to the second without blinking my eyes. In fact, I don't believe I would ever walk "happily" in that chunk of ultra ugliness. " Hmmm, we were told "never say never", and there is a, if not quite a few, reason(s) for that.

First of all, those Birkenstock babies are white hot this summer. You basically cannot shun from them if you follow fashion bloggers and Instagramers. But, that's not the reason that I got mine. I simply didn't see Birkenstock fit into my fashion style.

It is my Central Europe trip that changed my mind. I brought two pairs of sneakers on the trip, Converse and New balance. No heels. I'm a minimalist when it comes to packing and travelling. Dragging along 8 pairs of shoes or 10 handbags would drive me nuts. Two pairs of sneakers and two Longchamp nylon bags (in medium and large, respectively) were more than enough. One would imagine that sneakers are good enough for extensive walking, right? No, not for those with foot injury. I had long thought that I was over plantar fasciitis since it had not bother me for quite a while, not even after my half marathon race. The bloody truth is: it is still there, like a monster lurking in the darkness and waiting for its time. In the last a couple of days of my two-week trip, my injured left foot started to hurt, and the condition only got worse with time, given that I didn't bring any treatment with me. The condition worsened after I ran a 5k race in mid June.

So now I need a pair of supporting footwear to deal with this damned PF again.

Birkenstock is made for this purpose. The famous cork footbed contours to your foot and supports the arch exactly where it is needed. After biting my fingers for two weeks, I finally decided to get a relatively sleek style -- Curacao by Birki. Unlike the more classic Arizona, Curacao features elastic stripes with no buckles, very much in line with my minimalist taste. Honestly, when I received the shoes from Zappos, they didn't look that enticing in the box. But as I put them on, my feet fell in love immediately. Plus, Curacao looks way better than those boots I got in winter. I can make it work in my casual lookbook. Most importantly, my left foot needs it. If you are suffering from PF, maybe your foot needs it too. And, it's unisex. :)

Here is how they look on me. Click for large pictures.

你是我的小呀小苹果。。。
Tee: Zara
Denim skirt: Abercrombie & Fitch (also seen in this post)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker Super Duper Strength in black
Sandals: Birkenstock Curacao by Birki in black stretch cork (also available in rainbow stripes)


9 comments:

  1. 真是穿衣苗条,脱衣有肉啊 - 健康的圆腿,好想摸摸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢!我就是肉呼呼圆滚滚的,俗称"滚刀肉" LOL!

      Delete
  2. 好cute。第三张我想到的是那句“却把青梅嗅”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you're marching on despite your painful condition and that you've worked your choices of footwear into it. Usually, that choice is purged the moment something bad happens to your feet. Though I think that eitherway, you can have that condition dealt with at a clinic, and not have to worry about the costs along the way. There are means with which to achieve that. Anyways, best of luck!

    Steve Fischer @ Arizona Health Insurance Marketplace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upperstay
    Wilt u een luxe vakantievilla huren op Curacao met privé zwembad en volop privacy? Bekijk dan snel ons aanbod luxe villa op Curacao in Jan Thiel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOE IK EEN LEGIT LENING KREEG @ 3% RENTE met (infoloanfirm247@gmail.com)
    ALS u op zoek bent naar een leenbedrag van een klein of enorm bedrag tussen met een rentepercentage van 3%, moet u contact opnemen met mevrouw Carrol Walker Loan Firm Company (infoloanfirm247@gmail.com). hij hielp me dringend met geld toen ik wanhopig geld nodig had om mijn schuld af te betalen na de medische kosten van mijn man en meer geldhulp om onze hypotheek te betalen en mijn bedrijf te herfinancieren. Ik las over Carrol Walker over hoe ze veel mensen heeft geholpen en hij heeft me dringend geholpen toen ik contact met haar opnam en mijn situatie aan haar uitlegde. ze heeft veel mensen geholpen die ik ook naar haar verwijs. Neem nu contact met haar op VIA EMAIL: infoloanfirm247@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete